Friday, January 11, 2013

Solid Wood Frame System

I was inspired to design this frame system after a studio visit with the artist, Arthur Cohen.  Looking around his studio on the Upper East Side I noticed a few wonderful small paintings, some of his wife Elizabeth at the piano and one or two of the harbor in Provincetown Massachusetts.  Immediately I thought, wow I really like these paintings but boy are they going to be difficult to frame, so I asked him if I made panels designed to fit into a frame would he be willing to paint on them. He reluctantly agreed but soon became the gallery’s most prolific small works artist.  He enjoyed painting on them- at one point he called the gallery asking to send more as he was leaving for the summer and had run out.  He painted on the panels up until his death in the spring of 2012. 

The frame system is priced at $49 the frame is solid mahogany and come with one panel that floats in the frame with a perfect revel it is wired and ready to hang.

see frame system and artwork at


No comments: